Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA!) teaches students
how to make a job, not just take a job!
YEA! Vision: Provides a focused introduction to the business world, combining a dynamic, proven curriculum with the experiences of local leaders of industry, community members, educators and entrepreneurs. The goal of all YEA! classes is for each student to successfully launch their own business.
- 100% of Academy Graduates Graduate High School on Time
- 99% of Academy Graduates Enroll in College
- 19% of YEA! Students Start Second Businesses
- 50% of YEA! Students Continue Business for More Than 1 Year
- 49% of YEA! Students are Female
- 56% of YEA! Students are Under-represented Minorities
- 2,298 students have graduated from YEA! and have launched over 1,700 businesses
- 13,627 business and community leaders are involved in the program
Become a CEO in 3 simple steps!
- Brainstorm and identify your skills, talents, interests and passions that you possess
- Learn how those intersect with a great business opportunity
- Come up with great business ideas that you will perfect and ultimately launch by the end of the program
- Put together business plans based on your business ideas from the previous segment
- Prepare to pitch your plan for REAL funding at our Shark Tank style Investor Panel
- Receive one-on-one mentoring from business and community leaders
- Chance to compete at Regional and National competitions for up to $55,000 in college scholarships
- Put your business plans into action
- Manufacture products, order equipment, perfect your services, and prepare to get your first real customers at the Trade Show Event
- Open bank accounts, legally register your business name and actually complete the launch of your business
- One student business will participate in the YEA! Saunders Scholars Semi-Finals Competition and potentially the Finals Competition held in June